找回密码
 FreeOZ用户注册
查看: 10280|回复: 70
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[原创天地] 原创E文小说(9.30更新至15)- Would you marry me anyway, would you have my baby?

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 4-8-2010 11:19:45 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?FreeOZ用户注册

x

If I were a carpenter
And you were a lady,
Would you marry me anyway?
Would you have my baby?

"If I Were A Carpenter" - a song

“OKok, you start as a receptionist tomorrow!” The boss shouted suddenly, to conclude the conversation.

Shocked by the scene in front of her, Vivian felt she could hardly breathe or think.

As a 23-year-old young girl who grew up from a well educated family, whose father was a professor in university and the only man in the family, Vivian, in her young life, had never ever seen a man losing his manner like that .

The air was frozen, so was her brain or lips.

She felt she was being thrown into desperate silence. His big fat face, turned into deep red ...  or purple more exactly. The funny yellow tie around his short neck therefore became even more garish and discordant. His bloodshot eyes were staring straightly at her pale face, mercilessly, full of anger.

This might be the job she had loved and enjoyed the most in her short professional career. An electronic engineer - just perfectly matched her major in university. But a minute ago the boss told her to work as receptionist tomorrow.

“Have you decided?” Vivian said. She could hear the poor pen in her boss's hand was held so tightly that it made painful noises.

“Yes!”, shouted again the boss.

“Then sir, I resign, now!” Vivian said with an elegant smile. Just such a release!! Then she stood up from the low chair, opened the door, walked out, and closed it, leaving the big shocking fat red face and her headaches these days all behind.

It's your turn now boss, she thought.

Her smile was proud. Well done girl, she said to herself.

A warm salty tear drop slid into her mouth.

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 30-9-2010 16:24 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 6威望 +238 收起 理由
yearshappy + 10 你太有才了!
心的旅行 + 49 有本事写中文滴!哈哈哈
罗卜扛大包 + 50 你太有才了!
四香油饼 + 49 你太有才了!
coredump + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

2#
 楼主| 发表于 4-8-2010 11:25:01 | 只看该作者
打算试着用英语写小说。请问版主,应该选那个主题标签来分类?

现在我选的是others, 但是不太喜欢这个类别
回复  

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 5-8-2010 13:02:53 | 只看该作者
原创啊,当然要来顶一下

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 5-8-2010 13:30:58 | 只看该作者
崇拜啊,用英文写小说啦。期待下文中。。。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 5-8-2010 16:03:45 | 只看该作者
能把俺写进去不?

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 你是说做油饼吗?

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 5-8-2010 16:07:21 | 只看该作者
回复  

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 5-8-2010 16:41:16 | 只看该作者
写得真好!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 谢谢鼓励!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 5-8-2010 16:43:37 | 只看该作者
哇哦,高手露笔。

Lisa这是重操旧业,还是闲来玩票。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 10-8-2010 22:47:39 | 只看该作者

Vivian was waken up by the sharp alarm of the clock on the second morning.

6:30am, regular time to get up for work. It just took one moment before Vivian realized that today there was actually no work to get up for.

When something becomes regular in our daily life, we call it habit. Following habits normally makes people feel comfortable, relax and safe. The habits can be any kind, such as getting up at same time everyday, drinking same herbal tea, listening to same lovely music, etc.

But funny thing is, when situation changes, habit may become strange. It may even play as a cruel lonely ghost who steps out suddenly in front of you, just to remind you how happy the old days were, and how sad the current is.

Now the cruel lonely ghost named habit, stood over there in the corner, laughing at Vivian.

Music, I need music! Vivian jumped up from bed and turned on the CD player on the table.

A song immediately floated in the air......

This was her ex boyfriend's most favorite song – When My Hand Run Through Your Hair. Vivian couldn't remember how many nights when they sat back to back under the moonlight with her long hair on his wide shoulder, he played this song with guitar and sang softly. Time passed so slowly then, as if it would never end.

When my hand ran through your hair

And when my eyes saw through your mind

In a blink of an eye a deep love went into the air

And I don't understand why ocean could turn into fields in one night

When helpless I longed for your hands to hold.

and for your glance to light up my gloomy eyes

Even if the world we lived in stayed cruel and cold

At least I had your smile to melt all the ice

But all were gone, except for the memory and the song.

Change is the only thing that never changes.

She remembered clearly about the last argument between them, as if it just happened yesterday. They were both heavily injured.

She would never forget that day in her life, as well as what she promised to herself: I swear I will make my life full of sunshine and happiness, with my own hands.

“Yes, I swear ” Vivian said to herself “I will make my life full of sunshine and happiness, with my own hands.”

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 5-9-2010 19:24 编辑 ]
回复  

使用道具 举报

10#
 楼主| 发表于 10-8-2010 23:05:46 | 只看该作者

回复 #8 罗卜扛大包 的帖子

写着玩啊先
回复  

使用道具 举报

11#
 楼主| 发表于 13-8-2010 13:41:12 | 只看该作者

Nowhere to go, no job to do, no people to see. Life fell into empty suddenly.

While she was trancing her mobile phone rang. It was Cheng Xiaoyang, a university buddy who was working in a Japanese company's Beijing Office  selling electronic equipments.

“Hi Xiaoyang ……”

“I'm visiting a customer whose office is close to yours. Lunch together?” Xiaoyang started the talk directly to the subject as always, with a tone that could hardly be refused.

Vivian could easily imagine when he was saying these words a big smile was always on his face. As a locally grow-up Beijing guy, Xiaoyang was a style that you could tell he was from Beijing at the first instant: height 1.80, dark skin, deep voice, big bright smile when talking, good sense of humor, frequently used words such as “Ya ” “Da Lao Ye Men(er)”, etc, etc.

“I'm no longer working there”, Vivian said, “quit yesterday”

“Hei, what happened buddy, you fired the boss AGAIN?” Xiaoyang laughed on the other side of the phone. Xiaoyang knew almost all of Vivian's work stories after graduation, including the stories about this ridiculous German boss. “Not bad, no longer serving ‘Ya De’,congratulations for freedom! Then I'll get you for lunch around your home. See you at 11:30?”

“OK, see you then.”

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 20-8-2010 11:27 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +25 收起 理由
pinxinge + 25 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 13-8-2010 16:53:42 | 只看该作者
俺一般拿中文说事,这样方显俺水平

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
coredump + 30 你太搞笑了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 13-8-2010 17:04:39 | 只看该作者
粉丝报道。
提个意见。Da Lao Ye Men should be Da Lao Ye Men'er.

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 cheers

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 13-8-2010 19:45:55 | 只看该作者
注意一下时态, 怎么一会过去时, 一会现在时?

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 cheers

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

15#
 楼主| 发表于 14-8-2010 15:08:28 | 只看该作者

An ordinary noon of June in Beijing.
Sunny, hot and noisy.

11:30, Xiaoyang's taxi arrived at the gate of Vivian's apartment building. It was a 22 storey-tower close to the north east 3rd ring road. Vivian's small one-bedroom rented apartment was on the 5th floor.

Vivian came out from the gate. She was a slender tall girl with oval face and straight black hair. She ware a sky blue skirt, looked like a student who just entered university.

Xiaoyang sat in the taxi, with a classic big smile on the face. “Come on, be happy! I said I bet you wouldn't be working there for long, haha!”

“Crow mouth!” Vivian couldn't help laughing together.

They were so familiar to each other. A week ago at a friends party when Vivian complained about the recent headaches of work, Xiaoyang joked that he wouldn't be surprised at all if hearing Vivian quit her third job.

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 16-8-2010 12:01 编辑 ]
回复  

使用道具 举报

16#
 楼主| 发表于 14-8-2010 15:10:35 | 只看该作者

Vivian's famous words being spread among the friends was that she would rather giving up a job than working for a bad boss. Bad boss could be any kind: not fair, not capable, bad reputation, etc. The German boss might be catalogued as having bad reputation. When Vivian joined this Chinese-German JV company 8 months ago, she heard staffs called him womanizer in secret. He was dispatched to China by the company's headquarter and his wife and two kids were still in Germany. He had an assistant and an interpreter, both were pretty young girls.

At the beginning Vivian thought it shouldn't bother herself anyway because she was employed as an Electronic Engineer. Her office was far away from the boss and she had her own supervisor to report to. Vivian was a kind of girl who was soft on the outside but hard on the inside. She admired those successful women in business or society and dreamed one day she could become one of them. She had good education, she was intelligent, she was hard working, she was confident, and she was pretty. It seemed that nothing in the world could stop her from making her dream come true.

She was just too proud.

Good days never lasted long. A couple of weeks ago, when having lunch together at the staff canteen, the assistant hinted Vivian that the boss would like to have a Secretary, and he thought Vivian was the best candidate.

Headaches started since then. Vivian tried to avoid directly saying no as she knew the boss's style. But hide and seek game could never be the solution. All ended up at the argument between Vivian and the boss yesterday.

What a costly relief.

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 14-8-2010 18:08 编辑 ]
回复  

使用道具 举报

17#
 楼主| 发表于 14-8-2010 15:17:35 | 只看该作者

回复 #13 pinxinge 的帖子

ok
回复  

使用道具 举报

18#
 楼主| 发表于 14-8-2010 15:18:21 | 只看该作者

回复 #14 ghrong 的帖子

旅行途中分几次写的,没来的及仔细校对就发了
回复  

使用道具 举报

19#
 楼主| 发表于 16-8-2010 12:12:50 | 只看该作者

Mid 90s Beijing. Private cars were very rare then. Streets were filled by taxies called “Mian Di” and “Xia Li” and their raspy horn. Mian Di looked like a toast bread colored in yellow or white, while Xia Li looked like a small thin beetle in red. Obviously most local drivers at the time were not so used to the imported car culture yet, they actually tended to drive in a concept same as riding bicycles. A typical proof was that whenever there was a gap in between, a car nearby would immediately change its line to fill it up regardless of the traffic rules.

Their red beetle taxi was one of them. While Xiaoyang and Vivian were talking the grumpy driver was busy changing lines and blowing his horn, although it did not let them move faster.

“Where are we going?” Vivian asked.

“Jin Shan Cheng Hot Pot.”

“Sounds good”

Jin Shan Cheng was a Sichuan restaurant famous of spicy hot pot. It was not far away from Vivian's home.

Vivian grew up from a southern city famous of spicy food in China. She couldn't live without chili. Particularly whenever she was under pressure eating spicy food was found the best therapy. Xiaoyang knew this well when they were in university.

Vivian stole a glance at Xiaoyang when he was checking his mobile message. He was considerate of her, as always. She knew he liked her since long time ago, though he never said it out.

He was her ex boyfriend's buddy.

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 16-8-2010 17:56 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +20 收起 理由
pinxinge + 20 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 16-8-2010 12:48:24 | 只看该作者
报道来了,比起那种写国外的文字,这种熟悉的感觉俺喜欢。
回复  

使用道具 举报

21#
发表于 16-8-2010 13:33:51 | 只看该作者
不看不知道,一看吓一跳,LISA真不是一般的才女,而且人也漂亮,乐观,积极,感谢自转体小说,写得感人而有趣。非常有意思!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 不敢完全自传,LD看了肯定不干

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 16-8-2010 13:35:07 | 只看该作者
She couldn't live without chili

我也一样

评分

参与人数 2威望 +60 收起 理由
coredump + 30 me too,hehe
lisa2008 + 30 恭喜你!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

23#
 楼主| 发表于 19-8-2010 15:08:08 | 只看该作者

回复 #22 nizi 的帖子

据说从一个人是否能吃辣椒,可以看出他/她的人生态度是open还是conservative
回复  

使用道具 举报

24#
 楼主| 发表于 19-8-2010 15:09:24 | 只看该作者

The taxi finally stopped at Jin Shan Cheng Hot Pot. It was a restaurant facing the main north 3rd ring road, occupying the lowest two stories of an apartment building. Xiaoyang pushed open the door. Instantly Vivian was hit with the strong mixing smell of spicy oil, alcohol and smoking, and the scene of the loudly chatting crowd ...... but gosh, today she just simply loved it.

They were led to a small table beside the window. Xiaoyang ordered a spicy pot with fish, tofu and vegetable.

“What's next?” Xiaoyang lit a cigarette for himself. He knew Vivian didn't smoke.

“Go ahead, find a new job. Need money to pay bills.”

“What type of job?”

“Technical or business, best in a western company. Don't want to give up my major and English practicing.”

“Ha, little girl.” Xiaoyang smiled softly, spitting a big smoke ring in the air, slowly.

Vivian knew what he meant. They had been talking about similar subjects since graduation. Vivian believed her best advantage was the major, and based on this she made it a principle that she only choose technical or business jobs instead of administration ones. This was also partly the reason that she refused the German boss's offer of being his Secretary. Obviously such principle had greatly narrowed the scope for choices, but Vivian thought it was worthwhile and her luck was proved to be not too bad. Xiaoyang's views were just opposite. “Forget about the major, it's rubbish.” he once told Vivian, “Making money as early as possible” “Chances would never always be there waiting for you so you should grasp it without hesitation no matter what it takes.” “Don't be too naïve.” he emphasized.

They even discussed strongly about this for a couple of times. No one could convince the other. Whenever Xiaoyang said those words such as “forget about the principle” “forget about yourself” “making money is the most important” Vivian found he became unfamiliar and felt something uncomfortable between them was growing. She knew he liked her and had always been caring about her especially after she broke up with her ex boyfriend. But she might be just a bit disappointed to his views although she knew they probably were not all wrong.

He was very different with her ex boyfriend despite both being Beijing guys, Vivian thought.

So conflicting, but this was life.

“Want to listen to some advice by an experienced buddy?” Xiaoyang went on saying.

Her train of thought was dragged back to the lunch table.

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 20-8-2010 11:31 编辑 ]
回复  

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 19-8-2010 15:53:25 | 只看该作者
Jin Shan Cheng Hot Pot是我过去和老公老一起去吃的,当初在亚运村,离我住的地方特近。
回复  

使用道具 举报

26#
 楼主| 发表于 19-8-2010 17:21:52 | 只看该作者

回复 #25 nizi 的帖子

北三环,西坝河
回复  

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 20-8-2010 09:29:42 | 只看该作者
Major might not be rubbish, nevertheless it should not be the limitation of career.

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 30 agree~

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 20-8-2010 09:31:27 | 只看该作者
原帖由 lisa2008 于 19-8-2010 15:08 发表
据说从一个人是否能吃辣椒,可以看出他/她的人生态度是open还是conservative

这个倒是第一次听说。好像东南沿海的人普遍不太吃辣,但个个都是商道精通,富于创业精神。
回复  

使用道具 举报

29#
 楼主| 发表于 20-8-2010 16:06:23 | 只看该作者
原帖由 pinxinge 于 20-8-2010 09:31 发表

这个倒是第一次听说。好像东南沿海的人普遍不太吃辣,但个个都是商道精通,富于创业精神。

嗯,这个说法也是相对的我感觉。在同一类人里面,比如你说的东南沿海的人里,能吃一些辣的和完全不敢吃辣的人比,可能能看出一点不同。
回复  

使用道具 举报

30#
 楼主| 发表于 2-9-2010 17:13:48 | 只看该作者

It was nearly 1:00 when they finished the lunch. Very hot outside. When Vivian recalled that day 10 more years later, she still could feel the heat wave in the air, hear the irritable noise of the cicadas, and remember the spicy flavor of the hot pot. An ordinary but special day in life, on which she decided to make a change. “Reality is not what you imagined” “Pursuing ideals needs to be built on the satisfaction of food and clothing” “Either you change yourself, or you'll never be able to change anything.”  What Xiaoyang had been saying probably was not wrong.

Having experienced 3 jobs within one more years, on that day, Vivian realized something with her persistence might need a change.

“There's still some time for me,” Xiaoyang had a quick look at his watch while walking out of the restaurant, “I'll introduce someone useful to you.”He grabbed her hand.

Xiaoyang waved to a taxi. “Go to FESCO at Ya Bao Lu” He told the driver. Not until Vivian got to understand where they were going, the taxi was on the way.

[ 本帖最后由 lisa2008 于 2-9-2010 19:00 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
pinxinge + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 29-4-2024 06:05 , Processed in 0.042564 second(s), 63 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.