FreeOZ用户注册
楼主: MICHELLE07
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[work&lifestyle] 趣味面试英语

[复制链接]
31#
发表于 3-9-2013 17:33:52 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 19:27 编辑

The last but not least, I am a fast learner as long as I get my hands on something. All through my professional life, I have put so much effort in updating my knowledge and skills. No matter how challenging the new technique is, I have never withdrawn myself from it and always make sure I am way ahead in the frontline.  

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 学习你的态度

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 3-9-2013 19:32:37 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 yping88 于 11-9-2013 16:46 编辑

So far, the holes dug up by me have been filled up in this questionnaire. It is up to you, whoever relevant, to figure out an example to back up your claims, just in case, you are asked to provide a scenario to support what you claimed to be.

Courtesy reminder (友情提示) :

Whenever asked about your strengths, you should never go soft-spoken (千万别嘴软哪) about them!

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 5威望 +224 收起 理由
uu + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 非常有道理
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 你太有才了!
newozer + 50 很给力!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

33#
 楼主| 发表于 3-9-2013 23:04:07 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 MICHELLE07 于 3-9-2013 23:15 编辑

你分享的关于自己的强项、优点方面的“自我推销”非常好,正是我在寻找的。
我准备仔细阅读,再提炼一下。
你不介意的话我可能会整理到一楼、二楼,以方便大家阅读,行吗?

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 3-9-2013 23:05:46 | 只看该作者
模拟场景的人:

Yi Zhang - 张仪,国内有外企accounting的经验4年,CPA已经考出来了,平时开会对话都是英语,口语可以。张同学刚拿到PR登陆澳洲,在投了200封简历后,接到以下这个广告的面试:

Our client, a leading property organisation whose head office is based within Sydneys CBD are currently looking for an immediately available Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant The ideal candidate will ideally have 3-4 years experience within an accounting environment and will have started to study or be fully qualified CA/CPA.

Key duties include:   
Maintaining the ledger.
Performing reconciliations - bank, debtors, creditors, revenue, expenses, particularly intercompany
Analysis of expenses allocation to the business
Preparing expenses reports to Business Units
Posting journals
Overview and process monthly accrual journals
Maintaining the intercompany loan account.
Posting month end journals for intercompany loan recharges
Finalise tax invoice on a monthly basis
Assist with the Accounts Payable
Checking invoices and data entry of keying, creating and amending accounts payable vendors on a weekly basis
Authorisation of batches for cheques & EFT
The ideal candidate will have some intercompany accounting experience and previous experience of working in a large multinational business and must be available immediately or on a short notice.

评分

参与人数 4威望 +200 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 贴心啊!为我量身定做的

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 3-9-2013 23:07:57 | 只看该作者
MICHELLE07 发表于 3-9-2013 23:04
你分享的关于自己的强项、优点方面的“自我推销”非常好,正是我在寻找的。
我准备仔细阅读,再提炼一 ...

Please go right ahead with what you think is helpful!
回复  

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 3-9-2013 23:10:09 | 只看该作者
Small talk什么的结束后,第一个问题肯定是 So, can you tell us more about yourself.

然后我困了。。。明天继续。。。

等我写完前面几个典型的问题和答案后找yping, Michelle 来做面试官提问

评分

参与人数 4威望 +174 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
x24 + 24 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 美女晚安.
yping88 + 50 We are so on! Have a good night!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 4-9-2013 20:36:36 | 只看该作者
Sorry, @MICHELLE07

I didn't do anything for this topic today, because I was attending a conference held by DCXG TREATMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE, it kinda distracted me from here.

I pasted the link here for you if you are interested!

http://www.freeoz.org/ibbs/thread-1084621-1-1.html

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
x24 + 24 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 never mind, let's have a rest

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 4-9-2013 20:48:53 | 只看该作者
关于英语或者工作的帖子 都必须顶呀

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 ha, thanks

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 11-9-2013 16:58:33 | 只看该作者
Sorry, guys, I have been moonlighting in 生活百科 these days and taken an unusually long break from this topic.

Now, I found my working ethic back and recommence my long over-due questionnaires in relation to the job interview.

Hopefully, the inspiration (灵感) will hit on my absented mind while I am trekking along (艰难跋涉) this trail!

Amen!

评分

参与人数 5威望 +224 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 inspiration!
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!
welshzh + 50 你太搞笑了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 11-9-2013 17:08:23 | 只看该作者
DO YOU MIND TELLING US WHAT YOUR WEAKNESSES ARE?

(Heeeheee, even though you have some weaknesses, you would sure mind telling them! Who would be so naive to tell the potential employers what your weaknesses are? Even though you have some weaknesses, it will be the employers' responsibility to find them out in the process you are working for them and making money from them, not before!

But, it's your responsibility to provide an answer to the tricky question, so you will have to come up with one or two)

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 5威望 +224 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 tricky question
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 你太有才了!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!
welshzh + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

41#
发表于 11-9-2013 17:47:06 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 yping88 于 11-9-2013 22:17 编辑

Well, I have been constantly enjoying the positive feedbacks all through my professional life from my current employer in terms of wonderful working ethics, team-playing spirit, being reliable and creative, and what have you 等等,诸如此类的!

However, I know myself better than anyone else! There are couple of shortcomings of mine I have been fighting hard against. If you must know, I wouldn't mind taking them out on the table (公开地谈谈).

First, I am a bit pushy and too focus on the deadlines especially when the project is crucial to the company's reputation and financial success. At the time like this, I would occasionally appear a little bit uptight (紧张的/不善言笑的), this would sure make me pay much attention to the detailed communication and cause a little misunderstanding among colleagues.

Secondly, I would show a little lack of flexibility in social activities when the unexpected events stand in the way of assignment progress. Then, I would shut off my contacts with the outside world, and this would jeopardize my friendship with my colleagues and then probably negatively affect the working dynamics (对工作氛围带来点儿负面影响).

So, the above two fields will be something for me to work on, and I am sure I will develop some strategies to balance my working and social life. Then, I will call myself fully grown both in my professional and social world.

评分

参与人数 7威望 +324 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 你太有才了!太有才了!
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 a little lack of flexibility in social a
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

42#
发表于 11-9-2013 18:30:06 | 只看该作者
THERE WILL BE A LOT OF STRESS COMING FROM THIS POSITION, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO RELIEVE YOU FROM IT?

After these years I have worked in this industry, I have come across many different challenges. From these experiences, I have picked up and mastered some stress-reduction skills to pull myself through the hard times!

First, figure out what the top priority is in this project and focus on that accordingly. Then, the stress will be a bit less when the most crucial step is kicked start (启动). Afterwards, I would go about every following step in order.

Second, if I found myself stuck in the seemingly dead-end situation (似乎无出路的困境), I would step back and trouble-shoot (寻找故障) where it went wrong and amend it accordingly. If there is still no way out, I would resort to my senior staff for suggestions and draw on their experiences to find a perfect solution.

Thirdly, if I found the overwhelming stress affect my job performance, I would take a little break and keep my mind off the stress for a bit. When I feel refreshed and rejuvenated (精神恢复), I would be able to work much more effectively and efficiently.

评分

参与人数 6威望 +274 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 stress-reduction skills
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

43#
发表于 11-9-2013 19:17:34 | 只看该作者
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL, WHAT CONTRIBUTION DO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE TO THE COMPANY?

(Haaahaaa, another chance for you to blow your own horns 为自己唱赞歌, please seize the moment 一定要逮住这个时刻)

First of all, I can set up a wonderful role-model for the junior staff what a professional staff should be, since I have enjoyed so much positive feedbacks in my current work place. Those feedbacks have indicated I have been on the perfect direction in my career, and I can certainly regard them as the professional guidance to pass on to the next generation of staff.

Secondly, I am a well-experienced staff in this industry. My expertise will be playing a significant part whenever the company goes through the staff shortage and lacks in skilled hands in some fields. What makes me more reliable is that I got a strong sense of responsibility for what I do, and I have always been accountable and accessible to the company's urgent needs! So, I can confidently guarantee that you won't regret if you grant me this opportunity in this company!

Thirdly, I am very keen to share my knowledge with fellow colleagues and I will sure continue to do the same onwards. I have adventured in the preceptor field (教学领域) recently and felt so privileged to be able to pass on to the junior staff the relevant updates in this specialty. So, I can take on the preceptor role as well in the relevant areas when the new staff come under my supervision.

评分

参与人数 6威望 +274 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 excellent!!!
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

44#
发表于 11-9-2013 19:39:45 | 只看该作者
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE UNSUCCESSFUL IF WE ANOTHER CANDIDATE FITS IN THIS POSITION BETTER THAN YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Well, I understand this situation completely. And you need to recruit someone you think probably more suitable than me.

However, from my point of view, I will be the best candidate to fill in this position. So, I would really appreciate it if you consider me the best possible option when you shortlist the applications!

I am so looking forward to working with all of you and bringing my passion and expertise to this company!

(Heeeheee, after all of my self-promotions, if you are still not convinced enough to offer me this job, you really need to ask yourself a serious question about what more you are gonna require from a good employee! Heeeheee)

评分

参与人数 5威望 +250 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 haha.."you really need to ask yours
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 你太有才了!
welshzh + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

45#
发表于 11-9-2013 19:48:20 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 yping88 于 12-9-2013 18:48 编辑

So far, my Q & A in job interview come to a brief end (暂时告一个段落), good luck to those who are seeking jobs they are passionate about!

The right is reserved (保留权利) for me to jump back in if something new crosses my mind (掠过大脑).

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 你的思路很棒!英语也很地道!学习!
MICHELLE07 + 50 great beautiful sharing
welshzh + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

46#
发表于 12-9-2013 09:56:22 | 只看该作者
@MICHELLE07

Please be advised, LD attended your talk show and bought the tickets in the front row!

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 I'm coming
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

47#
发表于 12-9-2013 17:51:28 | 只看该作者
Me来继续模拟场景了  

前情回放:

Yi Zhang - 张仪,国内有外企accounting的经验4年,CPA qualification已经考出来了,平时开会对话都是英语,口语可以。张同学刚拿到PR登陆澳洲,在投了200封简历后,接到以下这个广告的面试:

Our client, a leading property organisation whose head office is based within Sydneys CBD are currently looking for an immediately available Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant The ideal candidate will ideally have 3-4 years experience within an accounting environment and will have started to study or be fully qualified CA/CPA.

Key duties include:   
Maintaining the ledger.
Performing reconciliations - bank, debtors, creditors, revenue, expenses, particularly intercompany
Analysis of expenses allocation to the business
Preparing expenses reports to Business Units
Posting journals
Overview and process monthly accrual journals
Maintaining the intercompany loan account.
Posting month end journals for intercompany loan recharges
Finalise tax invoice on a monthly basis
Assist with the Accounts Payable
Checking invoices and data entry of keying, creating and amending accounts payable vendors on a weekly basis
Authorisation of batches for cheques & EFT
The ideal candidate will have some intercompany accounting experience and previous experience of working in a large multinational business and must be available immediately or on a short notice.

Small Talk 部分:

Interviewer 1 (A): Hi Yi, welcome to our premises. My name is A. How are you doing? Did you find your way alright?
Yi: I am doing well. No difficulty finding the way at all. I have a good sense of direction. The lift system here is a bit confusing though. Took me 2 mins to figure out how to use it.
A: Don't worry. It took me longer than that when I came to work here for the first time. No idea who designed this system.
Yi: Well, maybe they ran out of budget towards the end. Sounds like they need an accountant to do cost analysis.

如果碰到一个好人,就会跟你small talk, 这时就是你展示personality的时候了。好的small talk是成功的一半。如果这时气氛把握好了,就美好了

A: (Enter the conference room) May I introduce you to our director/manager of xxx department, B.
Interviewer 2(B): Hello, I see you find your way. Good.
Yi: Hi, very nice to meet you. How are you doing today?
B: Good.

碰到明显对small talk没有兴趣的人,不要强求。不要硬跟他说话。微笑就好了

A: So, let's get started. Yi, why don't you start by telling us a bit about yourself?
Yi: I'd love to. I worked four years for BOGUS firm, which is a US firm operating in the capital of China. My main tasks include bookkeeping, end-of-month accounts reconciliation, ledger maintenance, revenue and expense reconciliation and analysis, preparing accounts reports and expense reports, and communications with creditors and debtors. Most of our meetings and phone conversations are conducted in English, as we have many overseas clients. I work with a team of 5 great people. We really had a team bonding, especially when pulling off some big end-of-year reports and analysis.

不要说as you can see on my resume, 或者if you read my resume。他们面前都有resume, 都看过,一强调的话就会让人感觉你在背简历。面试时建立在谈话的基础上的。这段intro讲完,看反应,如果反应是如饥似渴的看着你,想继续听你说的, 那就开始讲故事. 如果他们开始问问题了,表明details想让你在后面说,那就后面说。

Yi: There was one occasion when we had to reconcile a few accounts by the end of the day - not just for our own firm but for our headquarter in the States as well, because it was end of fiscal year in the States and they were busy with lots of tax related problems - so our team offered to help. By close to business day, we almost got everything lined up. There was just this one piece that a colleague was working on could not get reconciled. So all of us stayed, trying to figure out what is going on. The team brainstorming was great and we figured out something within less than half an hour which could have taken an individual hours to do. I also have to liaison with clients and overseas counter-parties a lot, which trains me to adapt to different business models and be flexible. Once a client company rang up and inquiry about their loan account balance, and I was able to identify their financial knowledge and explain the operation and charges involved in understandable plain English.

B: What would you say is your best achievement throughout the years?

Yi: Well I achieved a lot over the years. Becoming a team leader, always getting good words from the people I work with especially the client, having a strong understanding of the operation, etc. But the greatest achievement I would say is to be like that every day. It is easy to be a good accountant for one day. But it is not easy to stay on top of your game everyday. We have lots on our minds. But I am able to actually enjoy what I do and maintain that high standard on a daily basis. What can I can? I just really love my job.

A: So what is the most challenging thing you have ever faced in your life?
Yi: I will give you two. The most challenging thing in my career is when I have to $%^&*($%^&* (讲故事。编不出accounting有意思的故事了因为毕竟不是学accounting的人。。。) But at this very moment, the most challenging thing in my life is to start over in a brand new country. I am very excited about this new challenge, and I have full confidence to make a great start.

A: What would you say your weakness be?
Yi: I am conscious about my own weakness and I try hard to overcome or to compensate. When I first started a career as an accountant, I lack experience. I made up for it by working harder and observing more carefully than others. Then my weakness became lacking a work-life balance. I believe here in Australia mental health is highly valued, and now I am here. If I were to start fresh, I know I lack local experience to you guys. But I have always been a quick learner and a great adapter, and I pick up things fast. Everyone has different weakness at different point of their lives. But weakness is not meant to be a set back as long as you are well-planned and well-prepared. Weakness opens the door for potential strength. That's how I see it.

先到这里吧。。。累了。。。。

评分

参与人数 7威望 +324 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 谢谢分享!
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 非常漂亮,读起来很舒服,实用!收藏了
newozer + 50 赞一个!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

48#
发表于 12-9-2013 18:11:15 | 只看该作者
Well done, LZ

评分

参与人数 3威望 +124 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 welcome back yearhappy, hope to see you
x24 + 24 我很赞同!
yping88 + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

49#
发表于 12-9-2013 21:50:38 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 welshzh 于 12-9-2013 21:51 编辑
yping88 发表于 12-9-2013 09:56
@MICHELLE07

Please be advised, LD attended your talk show and bought the tickets in the front ro ...

yping88, EmilyS, 你们好
楼主推荐我来看这个帖.你们写得很出色,谢谢分享.虽然我看得有点吃力,但还是认真地看完了,佩服你们的英语水平.

楼主最近在做预防背部肌肉劳损的理疗(可能前几天熬夜太多,最近她状态欠佳),需要最大程度减少使用电脑的时间.公司里缺的新员工也迟迟没招到位. 她说这个面试英语帖也有一部分原因是为了自己将来找工而写,所以会长期用心维护.

评分

参与人数 3威望 +124 收起 理由
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!
浮云云艾米莉 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

50#
发表于 12-9-2013 21:51:13 | 只看该作者
EmilyS 发表于 12-9-2013 17:51
Me来继续模拟场景了  

前情回放:

谢谢分享! 期待继续.

评分

参与人数 1威望 +24 收起 理由
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

51#
发表于 12-9-2013 21:54:09 | 只看该作者
welshzh 发表于 12-9-2013 21:50
yping88, EmilyS, 你们好
楼主推荐我来看这个帖.你们写得很出色,谢谢分享.虽然我看得有点吃力,但还是认 ...

希望LZ一切都好!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
newozer + 50 我很赞同!
x24 + 24 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

52#
发表于 13-9-2013 09:50:47 | 只看该作者

这么好的帖子,我做个记号,好好研究。

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 谢谢你加分哦~~
newozer + 50 恭喜你!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

53#
发表于 13-9-2013 11:07:23 | 只看该作者
welshzh 发表于 12-9-2013 21:50
yping88, EmilyS, 你们好
楼主推荐我来看这个帖.你们写得很出色,谢谢分享.虽然我看得有点吃力,但还是认 ...

I feel much less of myself in FreeOz without your company, @MICHELLE07

Please get better sooner!  

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
newozer + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

54#
发表于 16-9-2013 09:48:01 | 只看该作者
希望lz安好。期待超人回归,强势复出。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

55#
发表于 16-9-2013 14:53:56 | 只看该作者
x24 发表于 16-9-2013 09:48
希望lz安好。期待超人回归,强势复出。

x24, now I realize why your handle is named so.

I am a slow poke, but I am keen to figure things out!

I am, too, under a strong impression that @MICHELLE07 just needs some distance and quiet, and then, she will be coming back with another blockbuster she has been cooking up!
回复  

使用道具 举报

56#
发表于 16-9-2013 16:48:31 | 只看该作者
haha,
Just as an old Chinese saying. If one person hides something, you can not dig it out with even 10.
Glad to see that you have decrypted it. You are smart.

Your name is also hard to guess. Short for your first name?
回复  

使用道具 举报

57#
发表于 16-9-2013 16:54:52 | 只看该作者
x24 发表于 16-9-2013 16:48
haha,
Just as an old Chinese saying. If one person hides something, you can not dig it out with ev ...

Heeeheee

My name is not secret any more, is it!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 and you are well-known
x24 + 24 恭喜你!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

58#
发表于 16-9-2013 16:58:43 | 只看该作者
If one person hides something, you can not dig it out with even 10

I lost you on this expression, @x24

Could you please advise me?  

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
x24 + 24 恭喜你!
MICHELLE07 + 50 看59楼,你给重新翻译一下吧?

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

59#
发表于 17-9-2013 09:55:56 | 只看该作者
yping88 发表于 16-9-2013 16:58
If one person hides something, you can not dig it out with even 10

I lost you on this expression, ...

子曰,一个人藏东西,十个银找不着啊~

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 Sensational!
MICHELLE07 + 50 哈哈哈哈,太逗了

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

60#
发表于 17-9-2013 09:57:53 | 只看该作者
yping88 发表于 16-9-2013 16:54
Heeeheee

My name is not secret any more, is it!

Your name is still kind of secret to me.
Looking at the enormous posts you have contributed, I am really lost in them to find this information

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 I am going through yours too!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 29-4-2024 17:37 , Processed in 0.070816 second(s), 44 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.