|
2#
楼主 |
发表于 29-11-2015 07:11:29
|
只看该作者
And this is really, really well documented now, it’s something called comprehensible input and there’s twenty or thirty years of research on this. Stephen Krashen, a leader in the field has published all sorts of these different studies and this is just from one of them.
而且这是有充足的证据证明的,我们把它称之为“可明白输入”,而这个概念被钻研了了钻研二三十年。此领域的佼佼者史蒂夫·渴攀拉申发布了各类不同的学术钻研后果,而这些数据来自他的一个报告。
The purple bars show the scores on different tests for language.
条形图里面的紫色部分显示不同语言测试的成绩。
The purple people were people who had learned by grammar and formal study, the green ones are the ones who learned by comprehensible input.
紫色代表那些通过正式学习和学习语法的人,绿色的代表那些通过可明白输入学习的人。
So, comprehension works.
因此,可明白意思的输入是有效的。
Comprehension is key and language learning is not about accumulating lots of knowledge.
理解是很关键的而学语言本身不仅仅是获取大量的知识。
In many, many ways it’s about physiological training.
在很多方面,更多的是生理的训练。
A woman I know from Taiwan did great at English at school, she got A grades all the way through, went through college, A grades, went to the US and found she couldn’t understand what people were saying.
我认识的一位来自台湾的女士,上学时英文成绩很好,大学英语也很优秀。后来,她到了美国,竟然发现自己听不懂别人在说什么。
And people started asking her: ‘are you deaf?’
然后人们开始问她:“你是聋的吗?”
And she was. English deaf.
她确凿是英语聋子。
Because we have filters in our brain that filter in the sounds that we are familiar with and they filter out the sounds of languages we’re not.
因为在我们大脑里有一些过滤器会赞助我们过滤熟识的语言声音进入头脑里,而把不熟识的语言声音过滤出去。
And if you can’t hear it, you won’t understand it and if you can’t understand it, you’re not going to learn it.
如果你听不到,你不会明白;你听不明白,你将不能学会它。
So you actually have to be able to hear these sounds.
因此,你必须能够听到这些声音。
And there are ways to do that but it’s physiological training.
这里有一些法子来做到,但这些是生理上的训练。
Speaking takes muscle.
说话需要用到肌肉。
You’ve got forty-three muscles in your face, you have to coordinate those in a way that you make sounds that other people will understand.
在你的脸上有43块肌肉,你必须协调好这些肌肉来发声,让别人明白你的话。
If you’ve ever done a new sport for a couple of days, then you know how your body feels. And it hurts.
如果你曾经有做过几天新的运动,你会知道你的身体有什么感到。有点酸疼。
If your face is hurting you’re doing it right.
如果你的面部有这种酸疼的感到,那就对了。
And the final principle is state.
最后一个原则是状态。
Psycho-physiological state.
心理生理的状态。
If you’re sad, angry, worried, upset, you’re not going to learn. Period.
如果你伤心、赌气、担心、沮丧,你将不能学会。绝对是这样。
If you’re happy, relaxed, in an Alpha brain state, curious, you’re going to learn really quickly, and very specifically you need to be tolerant of ambiguity.
如果你是在一个开心的,放松的,好奇的大脑状态下,你将很快学会,而且,需要明确的一点是,你需要忍受歧义。
If you’re one of those people who needs to understand 100% every word you’re hearing, you will go nuts, because you’ll be incredibly upset all the time, because you’re not perfect.
如果你是那种在听的时候需要百分百听明白别人在说的每一个词儿 的人之一,你会因为你无时无刻(的)沮丧感和你的不完美而发疯了。
If you’re comfortable with getting some, not getting some, just paying attention to what you do understand, you’re going to be fine, you’ll be relaxed and you’ll be learning quickly.
如果你对听明白一些、听不明白一些而感觉舒服,并把注意力放在你明白的部分,你将会学好,而且你的状态越轻松,你将学得越快。
So based on those five principles, what are the seven actions that you need to take?
那么在这5个原则上,你还需要哪7个举动呢?
Number one: listen a lot.
第一,多听。
I call it brain soaking。
我把它叫做泡头脑。
You put yourself in a context where you’re hearing tons and tons and tons of a language and it doesn’t matter if you understand it or not。
你把自己置放在听很多很多语言的环境当中,听得明白与否无关首要。
You’re listening to the rhythm ,you’re listening to the patterns that repeat, you’re listening to things that stand out。
在听的时候,你是在听它的节奏、听它重复的模式、听凸出来的词语。
So, just soak your brain in this.
像这个泡泡你的头脑。
The second action: is that you get the meaning first, even before you get the words.
第二个举动是在获取单词之前先获取它的意思。
You go “Well how do I do that?”,
你可能在想,这个我怎么知道的呢?
I don’t know the words. Well, you understand what these different postures mean.
我不知道那些单词! 但你可以理解那些不同手势代表的含义。
Human communication is body language in many, many ways, so much body language.
身体语言占有仁攀类交流的一大部分。
From body language you can understand a lot of communication, therefore, you’re understanding, you’re acquiring through comprehensible input.
从身体语言,你可以理解很多对话内容,因此,你通过可明白输入理解、获取它的含义。
And you can also use patterns that you already know.
你还可以利用你已经知道的模式。
If you’re a Chinese speaker of Mandarin and Cantonese and you go Vietnam, you will understand 60% of what they say to you in daily conversation, because Vietnamese is about 30% Mandarin, 30% Cantonese.
如果你是说国语和粤语,,当你去到越南,你可以明白60%的日常用语,因为越南话有30%的国语和30%的粤语。
The third action: start mixing.
第三个举动:开始混杂。
You probably have never thought of this but if you’ve got ten verbs, ten nouns and ten adjectives you can say one thousand different things.
你可能之前没有想过这个,但如果你有10个动词,10个名词和10个形容词,你可以说1000句不同的话。
Language is a creative process.
语言是创造的历程。
What do babies do?
孩子是怎么做的呢?
Okay: me, bat(h), now, okay, that’s how they communicate.
我,澡澡,现在。。。这就是他们说话的方式。
So start mixing, get creative, have fun with it, it doesn’t have to be perfect it just has to work.
所以现在开始混杂、创造并从中获得趣味。你不需要做到完美,你能沟通就好。
And when you’re doing this you focus on the core.
而且当你这样做的时候,你把注意力放在核心上。
What does that mean?
这意味着什么?
Well any language has high frequency content.
任何语言都有它的高频内容。
In English 1000 words covers 85% of anything you’re ever going to say in daily communication.
英语有1000个高频词覆盖你85%的日常交流。
3000 words give you 98% of anything you’re going to say in daily conversation.
而3000个高频词将覆盖98%的日常交流。
You got 3000 words, you’re speaking the language.
你有3000个高频词,你将可以说一门外语。
The rest is icing on the cake.
剩余的是锦上添花。
And when you’re just beginning with a new language start with the tool box.
当你开始学习一门外语,从工具箱开始。
Week number one in your new language you say things like: ‘how do you say that?’
第一周,你会用新语言说一些像这样的话“那个你怎么说?”
‘I don’t understand,’
“我不明白,”
‘repeat that please,’
“请重复,”
‘what does that mean,’
“那是什么意思”,
all in your target language.
全都用你的目标语言。
You’re using it as a tool, making it useful to you, it’s relevant to learn other things about the language.
你把它当做工具来用,并且利用好它,这对学习该门语言的其他东西是有重大关系的。
It’s by week two that you should be saying things like: ‘me,’ ‘this,’ ‘you,’ ‘that,’ ‘give,’ you know, ‘hot,’ simple pronouns, simple nouns, simple verbs, simple adjectives, communicating like a baby.
第二周,你应该会说一些像“我”、“这个”、“你”、“那个”、“给”、“热”,像个孩子一样用这些简单的代词、名词、动词、形容词来沟通。
And by the third or fourth week, you’re getting into what I call glue words.
然后第三或第四周,你会进入我称为“胶水词”的这部分。
‘Although,’ ‘but,’ ‘therefore,’ these are logical transformers that tie bits of a language together, allowing you to make more complex meaning。
“虽然”、“但是”、“因此”,这些逻辑工具赞助你把语言的小块紧密地结合在一起,让你制造更多繁杂的意思。
At that point you’re talking。
在那个阶段,你已经进入说话的阶段了! 。
And when you’re doing that, you should get yourself a language parent.
当你这样做的时候,你应该给自己找位语言家长。
If you look at how children and parents interact, you’ll understand what this means.
如果你看看孩子和父母之间的互动,你会明白这个什么意思的。
When a child is speaking, it’ll be using simple words, simple combinations, sometimes quite strange, sometimes very strange pronunciation and other people from outside the family don’t understand it.
当一个孩子说话,它会用简单的词,简单的组合,而有时候会发生奇怪甚至是非常怪的声音,如果不是家里人根本就不懂它在说什么。
But the parents do.
但是父母却知道。
And so the kid has a safe environment, gets confidence.
因此,孩子有个安全的环境,然后变得有自信。
The parents talk to the children with body language and with simple language which they know the child understands.
父母用孩子可以理解的身体语言和简单句子跟他们说话。
So we have a comprehensible input environment that’s safe, we know it works otherwise none of you would speak your mother tongue.
因此我们有一个很安全的可明白输入的环境。我们知道这个有用,不然的话我们都不会说自己的母语。
15:55 So you get yourself a language parent, who’s somebody interested in you as a person who will communicate with you essentially as an equal, but pay attention to help you understand the message.
因此你可以给自己找个语言家长,他是对你感兴趣的一个人,可以跟你沟通得上的,也可以是能够赞助你理解的同龄人。
There are four rules of a language parent.
语言家长有四个规则。
Spouses by the way are not very good at this, okay?
顺便说一下,配偶在这里没有那么好,明白吗?
But the four rules are, first of all, they will work hard to understand what you mean even when you’re way off beat.
那么4条规则是,第一,他们会尽可能地理解你的意思,哪怕你脱离节拍。
Secondly, they will never correct your mistakes.
第二,他们从来不会纠正你的差错。
Thirdly they will feed back their understanding of what you are saying so you can respond appropriately and get that feedback and then they will use words that you know.
第三,他们会理解你说的话并给出反馈,好让你适当地回应并获得反馈,并且他们也是说你知道的单词。
The sixth thing you have to do, is copy the face.
第六件事你需要做的就是模仿面部表情。
You’ve got to get the muscles working right, so you can sound in a way that people will understand you.
你需要把肌肉部位用得准确,别人才可以听明白你发出的声音。
There’s a couple of things you do.
达到此目的,你需要做几件事情。
One is that you hear how it feels, and feel how it sounds which means you have a feedback loop operating in your face, but ideally if you can look at a native speaker and just observe how they use their face, let your unconscious mind absorb the rules, then you’re going to be able to pick it up.
第一,听它是什么感到的并感到它是怎样发出声音的,从你的脸上获得反馈。如果条件理想的话,你可以看着母语者并观察他们的面部,让你下意识地吸收这些规则,然后你将能够获取到它。
And if you c
an’t get a native speaker to look at, you can use stuff like this: [slides].
如果你没有母语者可以看着学习的话,你可以用像这样的东西。
And the final idea here, the final action you need to take is something that I call “direct connect.”
最后一个举动是你需要“直接联系”。
What does this mean?
什么意思呢?
Well most people learning a second language sort of take the mother tongue words and take the target words and go over them again and again in their mind to try and remember them.
大多数人学习外语几乎都是用母语的单词对照目标语言,反复地在心中念并尝试记住它们。
Really inefficient.
这样做效率真的很低。
What you need to do is realize that everything you know is an image inside your mind, it’s feelings,
你需要做的是意识到你所知道的事情在你的脑海里都有一个画面和感到。
if you talk about fire you can smell the smoke you can hear the crackling, you can see the flames,
如果你说到“火”,你可以闻到那个烟味,你可以听到那燃烧的爆裂声,你可以看到那火焰,
so what you do, is you go into that imagery and all of that memory and you come out with another pathway.
所以你需要做的是进入那些意象和有关的所有的记忆力,然后从另一条通道出来。
So I call it ‘same box, different path.’
我把这叫做“殊途同归”(同一个盒子,不同的路)。
You come out of that pathway, you build it over time you become more and more skilled at just connecting the new sounds to those images that you already have, into that internal representation.
你从那条通道出来,你将建立这种技能并且越来越熟练地把新的声音连接到你心里已经知道的画面去。
And over time you even become naturally good at that process, that becomes unconscious.
往后你甚至很长于走这个历程,甚至是无意识的。
So, there are five principles that you need to work with, seven actions, if you do any of them, you’re going to improve。
因此,你需要运用的那5个原则和7个举动,如果你运用其中任何一个,都将得到进步。
And remember these are things under your control as the learner.
并且记住,作为学习者,这些事情都在你的掌控之下。
Do them all and you’re going to be fluent in a second language in six months.
如果你做到以上整个,你将会在六个月内学会流利的外语。
Thank you.
谢谢。(来 |
|